Juicy stuffed chicken is perfect for basil fans, but can easily replaced with shredded cheese in place of the pesto for pickier eaters.
- ¾ cup uncooked instant rice
- ½ cup chopped seeded tomato
- ¼ cup pesto
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 190°c. Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, pesto, salt and rice. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill each with 3 tablespoons rice mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown chicken breasts on each side, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer to a greased baking pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks before serving.